Wednesday, March 31, 2010

school

When my son woke up this morning he asked me if I could take him to school.  I said, sweetie, you dont go to school yet, and he asked why not?  I didn't really know what to tell him.  I thought to myself, why the heck am I not taking him.  He's almost 3 and a half and he's asking to go, which means he wants to learn and wants to play with other kids his age.  I told him for today we can play school in the playroom.  We have everything, a chalk board with the chalk and brush, a white board, a cork board books and tons of stuff for arts and crafts and ofcourse a table with chairs and play mats.  He was fine with that for today.  THe only thing we didnt have were students, except for a 10 month old ofcourse, he seems to follow us everywhere.  lol.  He decided that I could be the teacher and he would be the student.  He was distracted of course by the balls and other stuff in the room, but finally i got him to sit and pay attention by telling him that after this lesson we would go outside to eat lunch.  He was all for that.  Finally, today he read and spelt mom, dad, cat and the.  I was so happy that all this hard work has paid off and iam very fortunate that he is interested in learning because I know that a lot of kids his age and even older are not interested at all.  thank for reading guys

6 comments:

  1. I think that many times parents think that their children will be scared to go to school when really its us parents who are scared to let go of our children and face that fact that they are growing up. We need to support our childres love of learning and have them play with other children. it encourages their social skills, specially for children who dont have other family members around their age group to play with. Carla i think you are doing a great job with your two sons and i hope other people will see how important it is to educate and support their childs learning experience. Keep up the great work and blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Carla, sounds like you have a little scientist-in-the-making on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should try and find a preschool to put him in for next year. Get him integrated in an atmosphere with kids his own age and it gets him ready for kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys i really appreciate your feedback. Mo, that's funny. As much as me and my hubby disliked school, i wonder where my lil one gets it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carla! It's Ashly G. Thats soooo cute... that he asked to go to school... adourable! ur such a great Mommy!!! xo

    ReplyDelete