Sunday, March 28, 2010

up too early for a Sunday

Good morning all, me and the boys are up way toooooooooo early for a Sunday.  Whenever my 9 month old gets up the older one gets up right after.  I think i made a huge mistake with the both of them.  From birth, i have kept them both in my bed with me.  So now, my hubby sleeps on the floor beside us and in my bed are me and the two boys.  it's a king size bed, but it really feels like a pea sized bed for me.  I have owned cribs but never bothered to even put them together.  They have both had their fair share of falling off the bed too.  poor boys:(  This nonsense has got to stop, i need my bed (and sleep) back.  I have tried the toddler bed for my 3 year old, but he always makes his way back in my bed.  Haven't tried a crib yet for my baby, but i don't think it will work, the second i put him in his playpen he screams bloody murder until someone finally takes him out.  I put myself in this situation, but i need your guys' help to get me out.  thank you all

3 comments:

  1. When i transitioned my daughter from the crib to a bed she kept climbing out so for about a month for bed time i had to lay on the end of my bed near her and keep putting her back in her own bed till finally she stays in bed. now putting her to bed is a breeze bring her down to her bed tuck her in say ninights and walk out of the room. i had to put a baby door lock on the door nob else she just kept leaving her room. now that she cant she knows there is no reason for her to try. she sleeps on a twin bed in our room though and the baby sleeps in a crib in the nursery. our master bed room is down stairs so i feel that she is too young to sleep in her room upstairs on her own yet. that would be too far away from mommy. maybe when shes 4 and we have a third then i'll have to. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like some great ideas and glad that worked for you. iam going to try that baby door lock thing though. sounds like a great idea. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. its hard at first to get them to stay in their own room/bed for the night but it gradually gets easier. You have to be strong and put them to bed at the same time each night so they get a routine going, then you stay there till they go to sleep the first few times so they know you are there until they go to sleep. When I put my daughter to bed she wants to play with daddy so we have a bit of fun but then i lay beside her till she goes to sleep. I even have to hold her down in her bed so she stays still some nights but eventually she tires out and falls asleep. The only thing I have an issue with now is when they ake up in the middle of the night I tend to take either my son or my daughter downstairs to lie on the couch so that they dont wake each other up. Thats something they are getting used to and I have to be stronger to not take them out of their room, even though my wife and I are exhausted its important we still make the kids aware that they cant get up and play, they need to go back to bed. Hopefully with the third coming next week I can get this routine down.

    ReplyDelete